HOLLYDENE - a picture-perfect country cottage on 1669sqm
Here is an irresistible home for buyers seeking to combine historical charm with modern living. Beyond the manicured lawns and pretty garden beds, this circa 1900s cottage has been thoughtfully renovated while retaining endearing features including wide covered bull-nose verandahs, decorative plaster ceilings, timber fretwork, high, timber-lined ceilings and walls, open fireplaces and feature glass doors. Beautiful polished floorboards contrast warmly with the crisp, white interior to give an inviting ambience. The spacious sitting room is a lovely relaxation space; the adjoining light-filled dining room perfect for entertainment. Reflecting Hollydene’s country origins while combined with modern flair, the kitchen’s shaker cabinetry, timber benchtops and 900mm gas cooker with chef’s oven set within the original brick fireplace provide a lovely cooking space. Alfresco dining is made easy on the side verandah and additional rear garden alfresco patio. There are three queen-size bedrooms, two with dual aspect flooding the rooms with natural light. The centrally located family bathroom combines traditional and modern features. A roomy study/home office space has built in storage. Additional features include reverse-cycle air-conditioning, solar hot water, separate laundry, all town services, paved driveway with ample room for cars, a caravan.
The block is fenced into two – the house and gardens on one side, on the other a fully fenced pony paddock. With mature shade trees and fence-line hedging, iron 2-bay shelter, tool storage area, chicken house and additional lockup bay to one side, this great space has possible subdivision potential STCA. Between the home and shedding is an expansive paved driveaway/parking rea perfect for float/truck parking.
Situated in delightful Stroud Village with it shops, primary school, shops and services and midway between Dungog and Gloucester (20mins), Raymond Terrace (50mins), Newcastle Airport (45mins; CBD (75mins), Hollydene offers an enviable permanent or weekend lifestyle or exciting B&B prospect in a beautiful part of the Hunter. Price Guide: $430,000
DISCLAIMER: R & R Property makes no representations as to the accuracy of the information provided by our vendors. Interested parties should conduct their own due diligence in relation to each property they are considering purchasing. All photographs, maps and images are representative and for marketing purposes only.
PROPERTY AND INCLUSIONS
• Hollydene - early 20thC weatherboard and iron double fronted cottage
• Level 1669sqm with pretty front garden beds, manicured lawns
• Wide, covered verandahs on three sides
• Beautiful heritage features including high ceilings with decorative plaster
• Timber fretwork and decorative fireplaces; feature glass doors
• Honey-coloured timber hardwood floorboards; crisp white colour palette
• Spacious lounge; light and bright dining room
• Lovely kitchen with shaker-style cabinetry, timber benchtops
• 900mm gas cooker with chef’s oven set within the original brick fireplace
• Peaceful outdoor dining on the shady side verandah
• Three queen-size bedrooms; 2 with dual aspect; 1 with BIR
• Excellent home office/study/4th bedroom
• Modern family bathroom with traditional features
• Reverse-cycle air-conditioning; solar hot water, laundry, town services
• Paved driveway with ample car, caravan, boat parking
• Fenced pony paddock with mature trees
• Open-faced, iron shelter/tool storage/chicken shed, additional storage
• Ideal permanent, weekend, B&B prospect with possible subdivision STCA