'TOAD SPRINGS' - A CAPTIVATING COUNTRY PARADISE!
BACK ON THE MARKET DUE TO FINANCE FALLING THROUGH!
“Toad Springs” is a little gem of a property of approx. 1.5ha. (3.7acres) and set within the picturesque countryside that Tooperang is well known for. The property boasts a lovingly maintained circa 1910 solid stone residence that is set back 140m from the road, the original of which is said to have been built by one of the first pioneering families of the area. (It is NOT heritage listed). The residence is surrounded by an interesting array of native shrubs, protea’s, agapanthus, a variety of trees, and undulating grassed areas. The fruit trees include two apples, a nectarine, a lemon, a cherry and a Satsuma plum.
The residence offers;
• 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 separate toilets,
• a large well-planned country kitchen with a dishwasher and plenty of bench & cupboard space, including an island work bench,
• a family dining room with a sunroom that offers beautiful views over the gardens,
• a spacious light-filled lounge room with a gorgeous ceiling rose, split RC air-conditioner and slow combustion heater,
• a large mudroom off which is the entrance to an adjourning shed of (approx.) 35sqm that could be used as a games room/studio/office, etc,.
• a large laundry that includes a massive amount of storage space.
The high ceilings, thick solid plastered walls, slow combustion heating, slate flooring and the wide veranda are some of the classic features of this beautiful 100 year old residence. The elevated position of the residence provides dreamy views across the property and out to the undulating hills and paddocks beyond.
Other improvements include 9m x 7m shed with concrete floor & power, carport, 20,000L (approx.) rainwater storage, 3 small fenced paddocks for a few animals, a good sized chook house and sound fencing.
“Toad Springs” is a truly tranquil rural environment that you and your family can immerse yourselves in, and yet its only within a 20 minute drive of the services, shopping, schools, hotels, cafes, golf courses, sporting facilities and local attractions of Mount Compass, Willunga, McLaren Vale and Victor Harbor. The Adelaide CBD is only around an hour by road. The school bus stops at the end of the driveway.
- Sun Room
- High Ceilings
- Air Conditioning
- Electric Hot Water