Cottage on acreage in a prime spot in Alpine Terrace
This is one of the older blocks in this desirable part of Alpine Tce, wisely chosen at a time when there were many other near-by options available. Named by these original owners: "Balyarta", meaning resting place. A solid old brick cottage enjoying perfect north to east orientation - enjoying the sun all day. Coastal, Surfers Paradise views, overlooking rainforest. Entry from Alpine Tce is through another small, attractive stand of rainforest which provides privacy and screening from the road. The house features vaulted ceilings and timber. There are 2 levels, joined by 5 steps; basically, open plan - ahead of its time!
- Entry porch + vestibule + hallway
- 2 Bedrooms with built-ins
- 2 bathrooms including ensuite
- Formal dining and lounge
- Utility / storage / drying room
- Hallway / gallery overlooking the lower level
- 3-car garage with workshop and laundry
- Internal access from garages
5 steps down to:
- Family dining
- Lounge with wood burner & gas heating
- Library / sunroom
- Detached steel shed with toilet & vanity plus plumbing for shower & kitchenette
- Steel garden shed
- Good bore
- 3 concrete rainwater storage tanks plus 1 x polytank
- Concrete driveway
- Some level and some sloping lawns
This is a dated but well-constructed house that lends itself to renovation and extension. It is well set back and protected from road noise. Good coastal views that can be improved by some judicious pruning of trees that are on the property. The land falls away to the NE; you will never be built out - obviously one of the reasons the original owners chose this spot.
Exclusively listed with Professionals Serendipity Real Estate.
For assistance with your enquiry contact David Major.