Bowerbrid Cottage on Tamborine Mountain
This exquisite Queenslander cottage is indeed a hidden gem, outstanding quality and not many people seem to know about it. The cottage is tucked away in the lee of a hill with concrete driveway and terraced gardens leading down to a fully self-contained new garden flat under. The original cottage - Circa 1880 has been lovingly restored with modern amenities whilst retaining the charm and character of a more romantic era.
- Bowerbird Cottage welcomes you to the front door with stained glass inserts via a walkway and covered front porch, ideal for catching cooling Easterly breezes of a summer's afternoon.
- Living/dining room has timber floors, some original timber paneling, sash windows and is a light and airy space
- A central hallway takes you to the rear of the house
- Three bedrooms are off to one side of the hallway
- Main bedroom has ensuite
- Kitchen is a well thought out "cook's friend" with timber benchtops, custom designed drawers, cupboards and pantry. Induction cooking top, rangehood, built-in convection microwave, wall-oven
- Sunroom/breakfast area is just behind the kitchen through art-deco timber and glass doors
- Bi-fold doors open onto large sunny rear verandah with in-situ umbrella
- There is also a second bathroom in this area
- Internal hand-made stairwell leads down to storage cloak room
- Bright laundry/sewing nook has timber bench and ample storage for linen and appliances
- A cheery blue awning flags the entry to the new garden flat, with table and chairs for a morning coffee in the pretty gardens
- Full modern two-pack kitchen is custom built with induction cook-top, wall-oven & dishwasher
- Informal living area adjoins the kitchen- European style with numerous USB and power points
- Bedroom has fully in-built wardrobes with drawers and hanging spaces. Overhead fan and down-lights controlled by a touch of a switch at your bedside
- Smart modern bathroom completes the picture for a stylish Airbnb or dual accommodation/extra income a bonus
- ADSL is installed for cottage and garden flat
External and Garden Features:
- Double undercover car parking
- Garden shed
- Garden is low maintenance with lovely mature camellia hedges
- Rain-forest plantings attract the native birds and colourful parrots
- Retaining walls are highly engineered and anchored in 1m of concrete
The discerning buyer will appreciate all the tasteful and subtle features this lovely property has to offer.
To inspect please contact Elizabeth Stirling for an inspection.